Wednesday, December 16, 2009

IGA and the unfairness of it all!

This might seem really petty, but I got my IGA flyer on the weekend, and waited with bated breath until their "3-day sale" began on Tuesday. You see, our electric juicer finally bit the dust recently, so I thought "Woo-HOO!" a replacement juicer for only $4.99. There was a hand-mixer I fancied, too. Just one of each, not too much to hope for, now was it?

So along I trundled at about 10:30 ayem only to discover that some greedy folks had showed up at opening time (8 a.m.) and piled shopping carts with every single one. I figured maybe there were some left at other IGAs, so I went home and started calling around. Nope! Not a single one of these $4.99 items remained at any IGA location in the Lower Mainland. In fact, I was told that the same pattern occured at EVERY store. Furthermore, there are not likely to be any more before the sale expires tomorrow. So BUG!

I can't really be angry at IGA, as this consumer iniquity was caused by a few selfish people, who are probably planning to re-sell the 50% off regular retail items for more than they paid. Still, whenever we passed an IGA location today, I did a slow burn. I really feel ripped off, even though it's such a minor issue. And besides, surely IGA could have limited purchases to a more reasonable number of items per person. Would TWO have been a good maximum? Come on, IGA, give me a good reason not to be mad at you for offering something you couldn't deliver!

No comments: